How to Ride Transfort
- Use the schedule or All Routes Map to select your route. The map shows each bus route in a different color. Locate where you want to go on the map and select the route or routes that will get you there.
- Wait at the designated bus stop. Bus stops are clearly marked and located every 1/4 - 1/2 mile. Call 221-6620 for exact locations. Plan to be at your bus stop five (5) minutes before your bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Board the bus. All buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts or ramps. If you have difficulty boarding, ask the driver for assistance.
- Pay your fare or scan your pass when you board. Details on using the farebox
- If more than one bus is needed to reach your destination, request a transfer when you board. Tell the driver which route you are transferring to and if you are not sure, ask the driver. Transfer slips are FREE.
- Signal to exit the bus. When you are a block from your destination, signal the driver to stop by pulling the cord above the windows. Remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
Do you need a little extra help getting around town? Trainers are available to assist all individuals with disabilities, seniors (60 years and older) and persons with special needs. You can ride the bus - travel trainers will show you how! Travel training is a FREE service offered by Transfort. Our goal is to encourage the use of fixed-route bus services to meet the needs of all Fort Collins area residents. For more information, please call us.
Transfort riders are served by wheelchair accessible buses on all routes. Special transportation to and from other locations is available for ADA eligible patrons. For more information, call Dial-A-Ride at 224-6066.For additional information, trip planning & general customer service: (970) 221-6620.