- C.S.U. Cooperative Extension, Larimer County, MASTER GARDNER program. Having composting problems or questions? Talk with an expert, call 970-498-6000. Visit their web site at http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/LARIMER/
- City of Fort Collins Community Horticulture Program, 970-221-6881.
- Visit Fort Collins backyard composting bin demonstration site at Lee Martinez Farm, 600 N. Sherwood for ideas on different types of bins and their uses.
- Build-It-Yourself compost bin instruction sheets:
Check out the composting bin demonstration site located at Gardens on Spring Creek.
Other Composting Web Sites
- Master Composter - Master Composters are trained volunteers who provide composting outreach in many communities. Visit their website to find local composting programs, or read composting instructions and articles, such as "Leaf Thief".
- The Virtual Composter - a Backyard Composting Tutorial
- Cornell Composting maintains an excellent site specializing in educational materials and programs developed at Cornell University
The City of Fort Collins no longer sponsors the annual compost bin sale; however, many vendors sell bins directly.
Local vendors (buy local and save on shipping!):
- Good Earth Worms - www.goodearthworms.com
- Green Logic - 261 Linden St, Fort Collins (970 484 1740) or visit: http://www.green-logic.net
- Jax Farm and Ranch - 1000 N US Highway 287, Fort Collins (970 484 2221) or visit: http://www.jaxfarmandranch.com
- ReSource - 1501 N College Ave, Fort Collins (970 498 9663) or visit http://www.resourceftcollins.org
- The Worm Wigwam - http://www.wormwigwam.com
- The Earth Machine - http://www.earthmachine.com
- Steve's Earth Engine - http://www.stevesearthengine.com Cedar composter
- Composters.com - http://www.composters.com An on-line catalog company selling over 30 different kinds of composters as well as composting accessories (company offers 5% discount off orders when this website is mentioned)
- ComposTumbler - http://www.compostumbler.com
General Gardening Supplies
- Urban Garden Center - http://urbangardencenter.com "Eco-friendly" garden products
- Plow & Hearth - http://www.plowhearth.com Products for country living (1-800-627-1712)
- Clean Air Gardening - http://www.cleanairgardening.com Compost bins, reel mowers and other environmentally friendly gardening products
The City of Fort Collins does not endorse individuals, companies, services or products.