Hiring Process: City of Fort Collins Police Services
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Must have completed 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of college with a minimum GPA of 2.0 from an accredited school.
- Must be a citizen of the United States by birth, naturalization or lawfully in the United States and legally authorized for employment.
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English.
Disqualifiers:The following is not an all inclusive list of instances that may disqualify you from being a Police Officer with Fort Collins Police Services. Other standards may make you subject to disqualification as well.
- Felony conviction
- Conviction, deferred prosecution or deferred judgment of a misdemeanor within three years of application date.
- Any driving arrest or conviction within three years of the candidates application that involve alcohol, controlled substances, drugs, or other illegal substances
- Any pending or prior convictions of, deferred prosecution or deferred judgments for, reckless driving or careless driving resulting in injury within three years prior to application deadline date.
- Release or discharge from the Armed Forces of the United States under dishonorable conditions.
The Selection Process Consists of the Following Steps:
- Written Testing
- Oral Interview
- Job Suitability Evaluation
- Integrity Interview
- Truth Verification Exam
- Physical Agility Test
- Background Investigation
- Final Interview
- Psychological Assessment
- Medical Assessment
- Drug Screen
- The entire testing process takes approximately 6 months
Out of area applicant testing
Applicants who are invited to test, and reside over 200 miles from the City of Fort Collins may be offered the opportunity to participate in an out of area testing week in which several testing components are offered during a condensed time period. If the applicant successfully continues in the process, and is invited for a final interview, another week would be scheduled at that time for additional testing components. Ideally, the out of area applicant would only have to travel to Fort Collins twice if they continue to the end of the hiring process. Further information will be provided to out of area applicants who are invited to test with the agency during the open application period.