- Owners must clean up after their pets.
- No aggressive dogs allowed.
- Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated.
- Puppies under 4 months prohibited.
- Spayed/Neutered Animals recommended.
- Leaving dogs unattended prohibited.
- Limit 3 dogs per visit.
- Dogs in heat prohibited.
- Young children must be supervised.
- Owners must carry a leash at all times.
- Please keep gates closed.
Questions: Contact the Parkshop at 970-221-6660
Please Pick Up After Your Dog
Please be a responsible dog owner and clean up after your dog. When you help keep the park and trails clean, the next person walking though a park or along the trail will be able to enjoy their experience.
Dog waste-bag dispensers are available in all City parks and along the trail system. The bags are compostable, and there are trash cans available throughout the parks and along the trail for easy disposal.
- Animal FYI: Per City Code (please review for full details)
- Dogs and cats must be licensed. (Sec 4-31)
- Dogs and cats must be vaccinated against rabies. (Sec 4-51)
- Owner is responsible for removal of animal waste on public property and private property (not owned by owner of pet). (Sec 4-71)
- Animals MUST be on a leash/restrained in the City, except in designated/signed areas permitting such. (4-93)
Spring Canyon Dog Park
The dog park is located at the west end of Horsetooth Road, in the undeveloped Spring Canyon Community Park along Spring Creek. The site is a fenced 2-3 acre area where dogs are permitted to run without leashes. All regulations are posted at the site, including all animal feces are to be picked up by the dog handlers. Bags and trash cans are provided.
This popular park was developed in cooperation with the Larimer County Humane Society and gives dog owners a chance to exercise their dogs legally off leash. Recent additions include a fenced in area for small and shy dogs and a water fountain for you and your pet.
Soft Gold Dog Park
This dog park is located at Soft Gold Neighborhood Park at 520 Hickory Street. Hickory Street is located on North College Avenue just a block north of Conifer Street (Jaxs). The one acre dog park is fenced and canines and owners are welcome to let go of the leashes and run freely within the fenced area. Rules and regulations are posted near the entrance. There is no charge for entrance to the park.
Fossil Creek Dog Park
This dog park is located at 5821 South Lemay Avenue at the entrance to Fossil Creek Community Park. Canines and owners are welcome to let go of the leashes and run freely within the fenced in area. The park is 3/4 to one acre in size and also includes a small fenced off area for small or shy dogs. There is a drinking fountain located within the double fence at the entrance to provide water for you and your pets. Rules and regulations are posted near the entrance. There is no charge for entrance into this park.
Future Dog Parks
It is the intent of Park Planning staff to build dog parks throughout the city to allow more areas where dog owners can safely allow their pets off leash.
Dog parks are also being planned for the northeast and northwest parts of town. Their construction and completion will come about as funding and resources are made available.