Parking Citations (Tickets)
The amount of your fine is determined by the number of citations (tickets) you received in an 180-day period. Once you recieve your first free warning citation, your 180-day period begins. 180 consecutive days without a citiation must be accumulated to get another "free" ticket. This schedule is only for overtime citations (tickets) and does not include red zones, accessible parking violations or other restricted violations.
First = Warning or Free
Second = $10
Third = $25
Fourth or More = $50
|240(2)||Expired Plates||$35, $50 or $75 depending on length of expiration|
|1208||Accessible Parking Space||$100|
|1213(2)||Unlawful Occupation of Parked Vehicle||$100|
|1227||Failure to Pay Parking Structure/Surface Fees||$100|
|All other violations||$25 ($75 if accident involved)|
Fines Increase if Not Paid Within 8 days
Parking Services is authorized to charge an increaded amount for citations (tickets) if not paid or contested within eight (8) calendar days. (Citations not paid within 90 days will be sent to a collection agency, and a collection fee will be added.) The after 8-day increase shall be as follows:
- $10 fine increases to $20
- $25 fine increases to $50
- $35 fine increases to $50
- $50 fine increases to $75
- $75 fine increases to $100
- $100 fine increases to $150
Citation (ticket) Payment Options
For your convenience, many forms of payment are accepted: cash, check (payable to City of Fort Collins), money order or credit card. If a person is unable to pay the full amount owed, payment plans can be made to accommodate an individual's financial needs. We also offer many ways to get your payment to us in a timely manner.
1. Online - This easy to use service requires a credit card for payment. Pay online now.
2. Telephone - Payments by credit card can be made over the phone, call 970-221-6617.
3. Drop Boxes - Payments by check (placed in the envelope provided with the original citation) can be dropped in any one of the drop boxes for City Utilities or Parking Services located throughout downtown.
4. Mail - Send your check payment to City of Fort Collins Parking Services, PO Box 580, Fort Collins, CO 80522. Please do not mail cash.
5. In Person - Parking Services, 215 North Mason Street, 1st Floor/South Wing
You can contest your citations (tickets) by bringing the citation(s) IN PERSON with your drivers license or numbered photo ID to: Parking Services at 215 North Mason Street, 1st Floor/South Wing within eight days of the date of issuance. You must then fill out a hearing request form. Court dates for Parking Services citation appeals are typically scheduled Wednesday mornings between 8-9 a.m.
Notices and Booting
If you have an overdue unpaid citation (parking ticket) you will receive a "notice" from Parking Services with the amount due. If you owe $75 or more, or have two or more overdue unpaid citations, you have 20 days from the date the notice is sent to pay the full amount due or to make payment arrangements. If the citation remains unpaid after 20 days from the date of notice, your vehicle may be immobilized (a "boot” is applied to the vehicle that prevents it from moving.) The "boot" will remain on the vehicle until the full amount owed is paid in cash, plus a $50 boot fee, at the Parking Services office. If arrangements to remove the boot are not made within 72 hours, the car may be impounded and the vehicle owner will be responsible for towing and storage fees in addition to the unpaid citation and boot fee.