Show your love for Fort Collins at the
Community members are encouraged to create something that expresses what Fort Collins means to them, and display it at the Community Creative Center (CCC) during the last week in August. Poetry, prose, visual art, or anything in between will be accepted, as long as it’s create within a 10” x 10” x 10” format. A mat board base for the artwork will be available to pick up at the CCC until August 16th or artists may create their own. Artists will hang their own artwork on Friday, August 22, 4-9 p.m. The creations will be on display at the CCC August 23, 27, 28, 29, and 30, noon-6 p.m.
On Saturday, August 30th, 4-6 p.m. the show will come down with a reception and “Swap Meet” where artists can sell, barter or trade artworks.
Here are the particulars:
1. Pick up your 10"x10" mat board base at the Community Creative Center, through August16, Wednesdays-Saturdays, 12-6pm., or create a base of your own.
2. Create an object no larger than 10"x10"x10" expressing what Fort Collins means to you in poetry, prose, visual art, or anything in between.
3. Come hang the work on Friday, August 22, 4-9pm. We'll provide the hanging hardware or (a limited supply of) pedestals. You provide the hammer, measuring and leveling tools.
4. Invite your friends to see the show August 23 & 27-30, 12-6pm.
5. On Saturday, August 30, 4-6pm, the show will come down with a reception and 'swap meet' where you can barter or trade for your favorite artwork by another artist or you can negotiate a sale for your artwork.
The Community Creative Center is located at 200 Mathews, and is owned by the City of Fort Collins. The CCC is managed by the Lincoln Center and offers gallery and performance space for community artists to rent for their own exhibitions and performances or presentations. The gallery space and Heritage Courtyard is also available for event rentals. Visit www.fcgov.com/communitycreative
for more information about programs and rental information at the CCC. For more information about the or about renting the CCC, please contact Jeanne Shoaff at 970-416-2737 or SnNob2FmZkBmY2dvdi5jb20=