The most recent information regarding the flooding status of the city follows:
• County Road 5 is closed southbound at Harmony Road.
• The Larimer County Humane Society is able to temporarily board dogs, cats, small mammals and barnyard fowl. Large animals are being taken to The Ranch. If questions, please call 970-226-3647 ext. 7.
• Correction: US Highway 287 is open on the Colorado side yet closed from the Cheyenne WY border to Laramie.
• The Red Cross is opening a second shelter at 3 p.m. at Tavelli Elementary School located at 1118 Miramont Dr.
• Xcel reporting several issues in Fort Collins. The Poudre Valley regulator station at College Ave. and Vine Dr., the main feed to the northern part of the city, is underwater. A segment of the 8-inch West Main line has been exposed by flood water, yet is still operating.
• The Poudre River stream flow is continuing to lower but caution is still strongly advised.
• Weather forecasters predicting scattered thunderstorms this afternoon lasting until 10 p.m.
• Although there is a break in the weather, situations could change. Residents are encouraged to continue to shelter in place and keep safe until the storm has completely passed and the emergency concluded.
• I-25 remains closed. Hwy 85 continues to be of concern.
• Continue to follow police directions and orders as they have your safety in mind.
• Vehicles are not allowed to cross bridges due to continued safety inspections and water levels.
• The next press release is anticipated around 3:30 p.m. Social media will be updated periodically.
Fort Collins Utilities will continue to update flooding information at www.fcgov.com/2013-flood