The City of Fort Collins Streets Department is scheduled to complete asphalt paving on Elizabeth Street from Taft Hill Road to Overland Trail as part of the 2013 Street Maintenance Program. Closures will be required to complete the work. Variable message boards will display current closure information. Construction will begin the week of July 29 and last approximately three weeks.
The project is broken into phases. Road closures will start on the east side of the project and progress west toward Overland Trail. Side streets adjacent to the closures will also be closed; residents are encouraged to use alternate routes to avoid the construction zone. Project dates are estimates based on favorable conditions; variances may occur due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Please note the construction schedule below:
• Jul 29-31: Elizabeth Street OPEN during asphalt patching, Taft Hill Road thru Ponderosa Drive
• Aug 1-2: Elizabeth Street CLOSED for asphalt paving, Taft Hill Road thru King Soopers driveway
• Aug 5-6: Elizabeth Street CLOSED for asphalt paving, King Soopers driveway thru Hillcrest Dr.
• Aug 7-8: Elizabeth Street CLOSED for asphalt paving, Hillcrest Drive thru Timber Lane
• Aug 9: Elizabeth Street OPEN for asphalt milling, Timber Lane to Andrews Peak Drive
• Aug 12: Elizabeth Street CLOSED for asphalt paving, Timber Lane to Andrews Peak Drive
• Aug 13-14: Elizabeth Street CLOSED for asphalt paving, Andrews Peak Drive thru Tierra Lane
• Aug 15: Elizabeth Street CLOSED for asphalt paving, Tierra Lane to Overland Trail
Project updates to the schedule will be distributed via email throughout the project; you can sign up for project updates by going to: fcgov.com/elizabeth-updates
Work Zone Information
Typical working hours are weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; however, work may occur outside these times or on the weekends to expedite the work. Road closures will be utilized. Alternate routes are suggested to avoid the construction zones. Detour routes include Overland Trail, Mulberry Street, Taft Hill Road, and Prospect Road.
Thank you in advance for your patience. For more information about the Street Maintenance Program, and to sign up for project updates via email, please visit fcgov.com/smp