FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Mow Down Air Pollution with 2013 Fort Collins Lawn Mower Rebate Program
29 March 2013 -- (Fort Collins, CO) – Fort Collins residents can reduce air pollution and noise during a routine weekend chore with help from the 2013 Fort Collins Lawn Mower Rebate Program that launches Saturday, March 30, 2013.
Residents can receive up to $50 in rebates for “greening” their lawn care this season. The City of Fort Collins will offer a $25 rebate towards the purchase of a push-reel, electric, or solar-powered lawn mower; or a $25 rebate towards sustainable lawn care services; and a $25 rebate for recycling a gas-powered mower (with the purchase of a “clean” mower or sustainable lawn care services). In addition, many participating Fort Collins retailers are offering additional savings or in-store coupons.
Clean lawn mowers, or sustainable lawn care services, can be purchased from the following participating retailers:
• Bath Power Equipment, (plus $25 in-store coupon),1505 S. Timberline, (970) 484-5024
• Clay’s Ace Hardware,(plus $25 in-store coupon), 1001 E. Harmony, (970) 223-9273
• Downtown Ace Hardware, (plus $25 in-store coupon), 215 S. College, (970) 224-4437
• Home Depot, 4502 JFK Parkway; (970) 206-0774
• Home Depot, 1251 East Magnolia; (970) 224-1239
• Lowe’s, 4227 Corbett Drive; (970) 232-7910
• Sears, 205 E. Foothills Parkway; (970) 229-1200
• Clean Air Lawn Care, (plus $25 discount); (970) 224-4855
• EnviroFriendly Lawn Care, (plus $25 discount); (970) 590-2235
Gas-powered lawn mowers can be recycled, (after draining and properly disposing of gas and oil) at: Colorado Iron and Metal, 903 Buckingham St., (970) 482-7707; Bath Power Equipment, Clay’s Ace Hardware, or Downtown Ace Hardware. An additional $25 rebate can also be obtained with the purchase of a “clean” mower or sustainable lawn care services for a season.
Air quality in Fort Collins occasionally exceeds the national health standard for ground level ozone. High ozone levels can harm health, cause summertime smog, and impair mountain views. Pollution from gas-powered mowers contributes to unhealthy air quality. Push-reel, electric, or solar-powered mowers are quieter and better for air quality.
The 2013 Fort Collins Lawn Mower Rebate Program runs from March 30 -- June 30, and all rebate forms must be received by July 5, 2013. Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are depleted. Other terms and conditions apply. The City of Fort Collins reserves the right to terminate this program at any time.
For complete information, visit fcgov.com/airquality
, or contact Melissa Hovey, (970) 221-6813, .
# # #