In preparation for the MAX Bus Rapid Transit system, concrete work on McClelland Drive will begin on Tuesday, September 3, 2013, prior to future paving activity. This includes repairs to curb and gutter as well as new intersections, sidewalks, crosswalks, and curb ramps. The following lane and road closures are scheduled:
Drake Road at McClelland Drive
• Lane closures on Drake Road, September 3 - 6
McClelland Drive, Drake Road to Horsetooth Road
• Lane closures on McClelland Drive, September 3 - 13
• Flaggers stationed at closures to allow alternating access for northbound and southbound vehicles
Foothills Parkway at McClelland Drive
• Foothills Parkway - CLOSED at McClelland Drive, September 4 - 11
• Businesses accessible via College Avenue Frontage Road
Horsetooth Road at McClelland Drive
• Westbound lanes on Horsetooth Road CLOSED at McClelland Drive, September 8 at 7 p.m. until the morning of September 11
• Southbound vehicles on McClelland Drive will be detoured at Swallow Road
• Local business access only on McClelland Drive between Swallow Road and Horsetooth Road
McClelland Drive between Drake Road and Horsetooth Road will be repaved as part of the City of Fort Collins Street Maintenance Program. Paving work begins September 26 and will last approximately 3 weeks. Look for detailed information to be distributed in mid-September.
For more information, visit fcgov.com/maxconstruction
or call the MAX construction hotline, 970-416-2617.
MAX is on the Way!
Construction of the MAX Bus Rapid Transit system will continue until early 2014, with MAX service beginning in May 2014. MAX will offer passengers efficiency and convenience, with 12 stations and 2 transit centers between Downtown and Harmony Road, service every 10 minutes, and real-time bus arrival information at each station. MAX will connect Downtown Fort Collins, Colorado State University, Midtown and south Fort Collins, providing many new economic redevelopment opportunities near station locations.