Proposed Permitted Zones
Download a map detailing Medical Marijuana Zones.
For more detailed information about zoning restrictions, visit our interactive zoning map.
Search by Point on Map
- Click on "Point Identify" icon in the upper left of the screen
- Click on area of the map to learn about permitted zones for that location
- Information about Zoning Permits will appear to the left of the screen
- Zoom in and tap on the map to get information about what the Zoning permits.
Search by Address
- Click on "Tasks" tab in the upper left of the screen
- Click on the "Search by Address" icon
- Enter the exact address
- Click "Point Identify" icon to display Zoning Specific information
- Tap on the "I want to..." menu
- Tap on "Find Location by Address"
- Enter the exact address and tap on "Search"
- Tap on the returned parcel information on the left side of the screen - this will show the location of the address on the map
- Tap on the map at this location to get information about what the Zoning permits
Pursuant to Initiative 301, the proposed location for any medical marijuana center cannot be:
- Within one thousand (1,000) feet of any private or public preschool, elementary, secondary, vocational or trade school, college or university;
- Within one thousand (1,000) feet of any public playground;
- Within five hundred (500) feet of:
- any child care center
- any place of worship or religious assembly
- any public park, pool, or recreation facility
- any juvenile or adult halfway house, correctional facility or substance abuse rehabilitation or treatment center
- Within the boundaries of any R-U-L, U-E, R-F, R-L, L-M-N, M-M- N, N-C-L, N-C-M, N-C-B or H-M-N residential zone district;
- In a residential unit, except as permitted under Section 3.8.3 of the Land Use Code.
The distances described above shall be computed by direct measurement in a straight line from the nearest property line of the land used for the purposes stated in the listed above to the nearest portion of the building or unit in which the medical marijuana center is located.
Previous businesses licensed prior to November 1, 2011, if the business is proposed to be located on the same parcel they were licensed to operate on prior to November 1, 2011, are not subject to the location requirements listed above, if the business applies by April 2, 2013.
Previous businesses licensed prior to November 1, 2011, applying at a new location, must abide by all of the location requirements and be located within an appropriate zone.
- Provide any legal advice, including whether or not a business model may or may not work in Fort Collins. Please read the state and local laws and consult your own attorney.
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of marijuana from particular businesses.
- Direct you to owners that may be interested in selling their business(es).