The Wellness Program
Neighborhood Services Manager,
Learn more about the World Class People program »
The Wellness Program is one of the many benefits that employees with the City of Fort Collins enjoy. This program aims to provide City of Fort Collins employees, and their families, with exceptional wellness programming which motivates them towards healthy lifestyle choices, and ultimately healthier, more productive lives. In 2008 The City of Fort Collins Employee Wellness Program became nationaly recognized as a Gold Well Workplace* by the Wellness Council of America.
The Wellness Benefits Include:
The City has three fitness centers for employee use.
Classes and Personalized Programs
- Personalized fitness programs, exercise prescriptions, and fitness testing
- Discounts on Recreation Center Passes
- Offerings of Fitness and relaxation classes such as Pilates, Yoga, and Aerobics
- Tobacco Cessation - resources and classes
- A variety of Wellness/Personal Enrichment classes.
- Wellness Library - Various books, videos, and other resources are available to assist employees with any wellness needs.
- Ergonomic evaluations for employee work spaces
Well Day incentive Program
- Incentives to encourage employees to maintain a level of health and wellness that reduces the risk of illness and injury
- Support and encouragement throughout the annual incentive program to help employees at various stages of change.
* A “Well Workplace” is an organization fully embracing its responsibility for maximizing the health and well-being of its employees. In a Well Workplace Award winning organization, it is evident that employee wellness has become part of the overall business strategy. To be sure, in a Well Workplace Award winning organization, the vision of protecting and enhancing the health and well-being of each and every employee becomes part of the very fabric of the organization-not something extraneous and peripheral to the core business functions.