The Children's Garden
Explore. Discover. Grow.
In 2006, The Children’s Garden became the first garden open to the public. This garden features a rock garden, pond, green roof shelter, and straw bale. It is host to school field trips, weddings, children’s birthday parties, and a variety of other events.
The Children's Garden is filled with numerous inviting areas for curious kids to explore, discover and grow. Within this garden, children may:
- Pump water from the giant watering can to create rivers in the channeled rock sculpture, as well as use the child-size watering cans
- Wander the paths of the Secret Garden, and search for the hidden forts and tree stump table
- Cross the pond and stand on the bridge to watch the water ripple
- Hike from the grasslands to the glaciers to see plants that grow in different Colorado ecosystems
- Visit the friendly scarecrows
- Play make-believe in the Dr. Seuss playhouse and sand box
- Discover the Friendship Growing Garden, a series of raised beds with kid-friendly themes
- Escape into the world of our newly constructed miniature train garden (featuring Horsetooth Rock!)
- Discover the art of straw bale construction
- While hiking the grasslands to glacier walk, match up the footprints to the animal brochure
Our Friendship Growing Garden and Dr. Seuss playhouse.
While the youngsters explore, parents will enjoy the four-season beauty of the Children's Garden, having lunch under the Greenroof Shelter, or relaxing on the Four Season Lawn.
Parents - have your child's birthday party at The Children's Garden! Download our Youth Birthday Party package for more information.
2145 Centre Ave.
Fort Collins, CO 80526
May 1–Sept. 30
9 a.m.–5 p.m. Mon.–Fri.
9 a.m.–4 p.m. Sat.
noon–5 p.m. Sun.
Oct. 1–Apr. 30
9 a.m.–5 p.m. Mon. - Fri.
9 a.m.–4 p.m. Sat.
The Gardens on Spring Creek is the community botanic garden of Fort Collins, Colorado. Visit our display gardens, take a gardening class, enjoy our special events and...Take Root. Grow. Flourish.