Our Display Gardens
Current gardens to explore:
- Children's Garden: Filled with numerous inviting areas for curious kids to explore
- Garden of Eatin': A three-quarter edible garden bursting with vegetables, fruits, and herbs
- Rock Garden: A unique and naturalistic garden featuring Colorado native plants, adapted plants suited to Colorado growing conditions, and an outstanding collection of dwarf conifers set amongst locally quarried rock.
- Entryway Garden: In addition to the permanent plantings, this garden features three beds with different annual flowers every year.
- Community Gardens: Garden plots available for rent
- Dahlia Demonstration Garden: Featuring hundreds of dahlia varieties.
- Daylily Demonstration Garden: Featuring hundreds of daylily varieties.
- Wetland Demonstration Site: A naturalistic site that features native wetland, riparian, and upland plants
- Turf Demonstration Site: The Turf Demonstration Site acts as an educational piece, showing homeowners different varieties of grass in Northern Colorado. The site features three plots, each plot consisting of five horizontal strips.
- Sustainable Backyard: Provides eco-conscious ideas to homeowners while demonstrating the use of many sustainable landscape materials including native plants, a windscreen, turf alternatives, a bird thicket, a dry creek among others
- Xeric Parkway Strip: Designed by nationally recognized landscape designer and garden author, Lauren Springer-Ogden, this Parkway Strip, known as the Hell Strip, showcases xeriscape plants that thrive in hot, often inhospitable areas sandwiched between the street and the sidewalk.
- The Great Lawn
- Prairie Demonstration Site
- Foothills Demonstration Site
- The Undaunted Garden
To volunteer to help maintain the display gardens, please contact Charlotte Boney, Volunteer Coordinator, at 970-416-2482 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2145 Centre Ave.
Fort Collins, CO 80526
May 1–Sept. 30
9 a.m.–5 p.m. Mon.–Fri.
9 a.m.–4 p.m. Sat.
noon–5 p.m. Sun.
Oct. 1–Apr. 30
9 a.m.–5 p.m. Mon. - Fri.
9 a.m.–4 p.m. Sat.
The Gardens on Spring Creek is the community botanic garden of Fort Collins, Colorado. Visit our display gardens, take a gardening class, enjoy our special events and...Take Root. Grow. Flourish.