Arborist Licensing Information
It is unlawful for any business to engage in the following activities within the city for commercial gain or profit without first procuring an arborist license from the City Forester.
Any licensee must perform all cutting, trimming, spraying, removing or pruning, of trees on public or private property within the city in accordance with the requirements in the "City of Fort Collins Tree Management Standards and Best management Practices" established by the City Forester and approved by the City Manager. Any licensee not complying with these standards may have their license suspended or revoked. The requirement of an arborist license does not apply to the production and maintenance of trees in a nursery setting.
General Arborist License Information:
- Arborist License Requirements
- Arborist Initial Application
- Required Literature Affirmation Statement
- ISA Certified Tree Worker Climber Specialist
- Licensed Arborist Ordinance
- Chapter 27 Municipal Code
- Tree ID Study Guide
- Arborist Renewal Application
For more information contact Ralph Zentz, Senior Urban Forester, 970-221-6302.