Free Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
May 31 and September 6 , 2014, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. CSU's parking lot at the northwest corner of Lake Street and College Avenue
Fort Collins residents can drop off their non-leaking, unwanted household chemicals during the City of Fort Collins’ free household hazardous waste collection events. Commercial waste is not accepted at these events, and there is a limit 30 gallons per household.
- Household batteries
- Paint and pesticides
- Compact fluorescents
- Cleaning and automotive products
- Mercury containing items such as thermostats, thermometers and button-shaped batteries.
Items not accepted include explosives, asbestos, bio-waste (needles, bandages) and pharmaceuticals. The risk of fire, explosion and spill exists when transporting hazardous waste products, so please prepare items safely for transport following these rules:
- Please store items upright in boxes or tubs, not loose bags
- Please similar items together (do not stack)
- Containers must be sealed and cannot leak
- Acids and oxidizers must be separated
- Keep items away from children and pets.
Fort Collins Police Services, 2100 S. Timberline Rd., has a year-round prescription drug take-back program that operates Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-10 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 8 am.-6 p.m. Or, for information about other disposal options, please visit Who Recycles What.