Gold and Platinum Level Reporting Requirements
This guide provides detailed information on how to complete each Gold and Platinum level requirement. For an explanatory diagram of partner levels and level requirements, please see the Partner Level page.
For all requirements, please follow these general instructions:
- Reporting deadline: FIRST business day in March* for the previous years’ requirements
- How to submit: Access your account on myClimateWise and complete/report items required for your desired partner level.
- Questions: Contact
*Failure to report your efficiency projects or complete level requirements by the March deadline may result in loss of level award and / or recognition and other program benefits. All deadlines are final. Please complete your reporting as soon as possible.
You will be using myClimateWise (myCW) to submit level requirements and project reporting. If you do NOT know your login credentials; have lost your password; or if you have not yet received login credentials, please visit the myClimateWise page and refer to Frequently Asked Questions.
If you are still unable to access your myCW account, contact ClimateWise, or 221-6700 and ask for ClimateWise staff.
Gold and Platinum Level Reporting Instructions
To achieve Gold partner level status, you must complete requirements #9-12 described below. In addition, you must also complete Bronze/Silver requirements 2, 5, and 8 annually (for a refresher on these requirements please see the Partner Levels page).
To achieve Platinum partner level status, you must complete requirements #13-15 described below. In addition, you must complete the Gold requirements 9 & 10 and Bronze/Silver requirements 2, 5, & 8 annually (for a refresher on these requirements please see the Partner Levels page).
- Watch Road to Platinum video - May 6, 2012
- Road to Platinum and myClimateWise Reporting tools PPT - May 6, 2013 (PDF)
Note: To retain your Gold or Platinum Level status you must complete all requirements denoted as ANNUALLY or ONGOING every year.
- Requirement 9. Complete GHG Baseline Tool (ANNUALLY)
- Requirement 10. Develop (or evaluate) of greenhouse gas reduction goal (ANNUALLY)
- Requirement 11. Participate in a City program (or equivalent) with a quantifiable climate benefit (ONE TIME)
- Requirement 12. Serve on an Advisory Subcommittee or Mentor a ClimateWise Partner (ONE TIME)
- Requirement 13. Submit a qualitative summary of activities for the EnvirOvation annual ClimateWise recognition event (ANNUALLY)
- Requirement 14. Demonstrate commitment to high environmental performance (ONE TIME)
- Requirement 15. Participate in the ClimateWise Challenge Program
- Achieving Gold/Platinum Tips!
TIP: Interested in becoming a Gold or Platinum level partner?
Let to know of your plans the year before you start completing requirements for this level.
Use the ClimateWise GHG Baseline Tool to baseline your business' greenhouse gas emissions and calculate your annual carbon footprint. (download the most recent version from your myClimateWise page). To enter data into the tool you will need access to the following types of information: utilities records (electricity, natural gas and water); total vehicle miles traveled (VMT) by vehicle (including reported mileage if personal vehicles are used for business) OR total gallons of fuel used by fuel type (e.g., unleaded gasoline, diesel, compressed natural gas or propane, biofuels, etc.); airline trips; estimates of trash generation and recycling volumes.
If your business reports to a GHG registry and is required to submit a baseline or inventory using a different methodology, you most likely will receive credit for this requirement without also having to complete a ClimateWise GHG baseline. Contact to discuss whether your business falls into this category.
Completed baselines should be submitted via myClimateWise. For detailed information on how to fill out the baseline tool, please see the GHG Baseline Tool Guide. For additional questions, contact Matt Gibbs, or 416-2230.
TIP: Meet your goals
After setting your GHG emission reduction goal, internally track and report it (on website, to co-workers, etc.).
Based on the results from your GHG baseline (see Requirement #9), develop a reduction goal. We also ask that you briefly articulate a strategy to reach your reduction target. Reduction goals can be specific or general and measured in the short or long term. Regardless, all reduction goals should be expressed quantitatively, either in terms of reduced GHG emissions or specific units.
If you are an existing Gold / Platinum partner we ask that you provide a status report on the previous goal you set. If you have met this prior goal, please develop a new one. Submit goal documentation via myClimateWise. For suggested goal setting topics, goal setting criteria, example goals, and other resources for goal setting, please see the Guide to Goal Setting. For additional questions, contact Matt Gibbs, or 416-2230.
Requirement 11. Participate in a City program (or equivalent) with a quantifiable climate benefit (ONE TIME)
City (or equivalent) programs that fulfill this requirement include:
- Fort Collins Utilities Green Energy program;
- Fort Collins Utilities Electric Efficiency lighting efficiency programs;
- Participation in the Integrated Design Assistance Program;
- Commercial water efficiency programs through Fort Collins Utilities;
- Bike Friendly Business designation (League of American Cyclists via FCBikes);
- Bike to Work Day breakfast station sponsorship;
- PassFort and other Transfort programs for business
Participation in Excel Energy efficiency programs and other similar initiatives can also be used to fulfill this requirement. Submit program participation documentation (e.g. short description of program and when participation was completed) via myClimateWise. For more information, contact Matt Gibbs, or 416-2230.
Please Note: You should complete (or substantively initiate) participation in a program before December 31st of the year in which you wish to achieve Gold.
Advisory Subcommittee Option:
As part of a collaborative initiative, Advisory Committee members serve as representatives of the rest of ClimateWise partners in one of four subcommittees. ClimateWise Advisory Subcommittee members will receive credit for this requirement if they attend the agreed upon commitment of their subcommittee. For more information, please see the Advisory Committee page.
As a mentor, you can help a Bronze/Silver member navigate the ClimateWise program, show off your expertise on sustainability issues, and gain a valuable networking opportunity. Please be prepared to help your mentee report ClimateWise projects and complete reporting for the year, if needed. To record your participation in the mentor program, a short description of the outcomes, successes, challenges, etc. of your experience should be submitted on myClimateWise. If you are interested in mentoring a new ClimateWise business, know a new or existing business partner that you believe might benefit from a mentoring arrangement, or have questions about the program, please contact Deb Harris, or 224-6121.
Note: Your business can only receive credit for this requirement if you complete mentoring requirements or make a formal commitment to mentor in the year you wish to achieve Gold.
All requirements below this point are for achieving the Platinum Partnership Level:
Requirement 13. Submit a qualitative summary of activities for the EnvirOvation annual ClimateWise recognition event (ANNUALLY)
TIP: Take advantage of networking opportunities
Use Google Groups and attend ClimateWise meetings to take advantage of networking and learning opportunities.
Complete the recognition poster form (available under Requirement #13 in myClimateWise account). ClimateWise staff will create a company success poster (choose a 24” x 36” recycable poster, an electronic version or both) that will be displayed at the annual recognition event, EnvirOvation - A ClimateWise Showcase. Be sure to include company environmental philosophy, last year’s successes, and goals for the upcoming year. Information does not have to pertain to Fort Collins or ClimateWise only -- this is an opportunity to showcase company-wide philosophy and successes. Poster forms should be completed by February 1st for the year previous. For additional questions, contact Wendy Serour, or 416-2311.
This requirement can be completed through implementation of one of the following:
- Demonstrate and maintain climate neutral status for your operation (purchasing offsets)
- Participate in a voluntary carbon trading program or registry (Examples: Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX) and California Climate Action Registry)
- Develop, and share with staff, a management system with climate focus (ISO 14001, ISO 14064, Sustainability Management Plan)
- Earn the ENERGY STAR label for your facility or part of your facility for your building (See a ClimateWise presentation on ENERGY STAR certification for more information)
- Earn a LEED certification for your facility or part of your facility (once)
- Implement an innovative program or initiative with significant climate benefits (requires prior Partner Advisory Committee approval)
You should have completed (or substantively initiated) participation in a program before December 31st of the year you wish to achieve Platinum to fulfill this requirement. Submit program participation documentation (e.g., short description of program and when participation was completed) via myClimateWise. For additional questions, contact Matt Gibbs, or 416-2230.
Implement two employee challenges per year to educate and encourage employees to help your organization move forward on conservation efforts. For smaller organizations, you may substitute customer education. Complete form in company myClimateWise account.
- Bike to Work month
- Energy Efficiency
- Paper/material reduction
- Customer/employee education
Achieving Gold/Platinum Tips:
- Meet your goals: After setting your GHG emission reduction goal, internally track and report it (on website, to co-workers, etc.)
- Share the wealth of knowledge: Encourage coworkers to attend meetings, attend the advisory committee, and design their own projects.
- Take advantage of networking opportunities: Use GoogleGroups and attend meetings to take advantage of networking and learning opportunities.
- Report your progress: Always use myClimateWise to record progress.
- Interested in becoming a Platinum level partner? Let know of your plans the year before you start completing requirements for this level.
Physical Address: 700 Wood St. Fort Collins, CO 80521
Phone: (970) 221-6700
Fax: (970) 221-6619