General Employee's Retirement Committee
The General Employee's Retirement Committee's charges are:
- To manage/administer the Retirement Plan for members and retirees,
- To manage accumulated Retirement Fund money,
- To determine the eligibility/credited service of members under Plan rules,
- To interpret the Plan's provisions and
- To coordinate with other City boards and commissions regarding energy issues;
- To authorize payment of retirement benefits and bills for expenses of the Plan and Committee.
The committee sets the policies and procedures for these responsibilities and directs staff personnel and actuarial consulting firm to carry out the functions.
The Committee also:
- Seeks information and advice to benefit the Plan and members,
- Recommends Plan changes to City Council for approval,
- Recommends to City Council enhancements to the Plan's provisions and benefits,
- Educates Committee's and Plan's members,
- Keeps abreast of legislation that could affect the Plan,
- Keeps the members informed of their current/projected benefits,
- Encourages Plan members to accumulate other sources of retirement income and
- Provides minutes of each meeting and files documents as required.
Regular Meeting Schedule:
2nd Thursday of each month
2nd Floor Meeting Room 2A
215 N. Mason
Sound judgment and the ability to understand and evaluate the General Employees Retirement Plan and factors which impact the Plan.
The Committee is composed of a finance staff member and at least 3 employees of the City who are covered by the General Employees Retirement Plan. A member who is not an employee must be a taxpaying elector of the City. The fifth appointee shall be a retired member of the plan who is receiving a monthly retirement benefit from the plan.
Current Members: Interested in applying?
Council Liaison: Gerry Horak
December 31, 2014 James Lathrop
December 31, 2015 Rodney Albers and John Lindsay
December 31, 2016 Angelina Sanchez-Sprague
December 31, 2017 David Cox