The duties and functions of the Board shall be:
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the development and implementation of the City's energy policy;
- To advise the City Council and staff in developing City policies that encourage the incorporation of energy conservation and efficiency, carbon emissions reduction, and renewable energy into the development and provision of City utility services, the design and construction of City transportation projects, and the way in which the City impacts the overall built environment within the City;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the alignment of energy programs and policies with City, rate-payer and community values and service delivery expectations;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the recommendations for improvements to City energy systems;
- To coordinate with other City boards and commissions regarding energy issues;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding budgetary, rate-making and operational matters related to the electric utility;
- To annually review and provide advice to City Council and staff on the City's Legislative Policy Agenda regarding energy and energy-related carbon issues; and
- To perform such other duties and functions and have such other powers as may be provided by ordinance of the City Council.
Regular Meeting Schedule:
1st Thursday of each month
117 N. Mason
Visionary and innovative thinkers regarding the community's energy future as it relates to the Plan Fort Collins goals for a sustainable community, the Fort Collins Climate Action Plan, Energy Policy, and Green Building Program.
- One year residency within the Fort Collins Growth Management Area
- Registered voter (applies to 18 years and older)
Current Members: Interested in applying?
Council Liaison: Ross Cunniff
December 31, 2013 Britt Kronkosky, Margaret L. Moore and Peter O'Neill
December 31, 2014 Greg Behm, Barrett Rothe and John Graham
December 31, 2015 Peggy Plate, Stacey Baumgarn and Nick Michell