Sales Tax Update
Sales and use taxes collected in September are the basis for the October report. Please note that payments received in October are predominantly from September sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $220.3 million, an increase of 3.5 percent compared with October 2012.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.99 million.
- Nationally, September sales tax collections increased 3.2 percent compared with the increase in Fort Collins of 3.5 percent.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $47.5 million, a decrease of 14.9 percent compared with October 2012.
- Building Permit receipts decreased 2.7 percent compared with October 2012.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 81 new applications for sales tax licenses and 31 businesses terminated their licenses in October. There were 11,235 active sales tax licenses at the end of October.
Read the full report at fcgov.com/salestax/salesreport.php.