Sales Tax Update
Sales tax collections are based on retail sales made in June 2013 are the basis for the July report. Please note that payments received in July are predominately from June sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $223.4 million, an increase of 4.5% compared with July 2012
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $2 million
- Nationally, June sales tax collections increased 5.7% compared with the increase in Fort Collins of 4.5%
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $48.2 million, an increase of 13.5% compared with July 2012
- Building Permit receipts increased 49.6 percent compared with July 2012
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 113 applications for sales tax licenses and 21 businesses terminated their licenses in July. There were 11,091 active sales tax licenses at the end of July.
The next sales tax report was released August 10. Read the full report at fcgov.com/salestax/salesreport.php.