Sales Tax Update
Sales tax collections are based on retail sales made in May 2013 are the basis for the June report. Please note that payments received in June are predominately from May sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $212 million, an increase of 7.4% compared with June 2012
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.9 million
- Nationally, May sales tax collections increased 4.3% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 7.4%
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $46.8 million, a decrease of 2.2% compared with June 2012
- Building Permit receipts increased 15.2 percent compared with June 2012
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 73 new applications for sales tax licenses and 32 businesses terminated their licenses in June. There were 10,999 active sales tax licenses at the end of June.
The next sales tax report was released July 10. Read the full report at fcgov.com/salestax/salesreport.php.