February 2013 transactions are the basis for the March report. Please note that payments received in March are predominately from February sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Sales Tax Budget to Actual: $6.7 million, 4.2% over March 2012. Sales tax collections were $87K more than the amount budgeted. Year to date, the City as collected 1.4% more sales tax revenue than budgeted, for a net gain of $320K.
- Nationally, February sales tax collections increased 4.6% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 4.2%.
- Use Tax Budget to Actual Excluding Rebates: $1.4 million, an increase of 7.5% compared to last March. Use tax collections were $169K more than anticipated, or the amount budgeted. Year to date, the City has collected 7.8% more use tax revenue than budgeted for a net gain of $286K.
- Building Permit receipts increased 65.9% compared to March 2012.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 84 new applications for sales tax licenses and 48 businesses terminated their licenses in March. There were 10,874 active sales tax licenses at the end of March.
The next sales tax report will be released May 10. Read the full report at fcgov.com/salestax.