Development in Fort Collins has picked up speed! Whether you’ve noticed buildings under construction, or the bright yellow sign, or received a letter in the mail about a neighborhood meeting, the community is always changing. And, we are striving to make your participation in changes to your neighborhoods easier to track and understand.
Have you seen our new bright yellow signs? For most of us, the "Development Proposal" sign is the first clue to potential changes in the neighborhood. And an obvious improvement was to make the signs more visible (hello…yellow) and add an ID number. This number is just one of many ways to track down information about a development proposal.
Next, we needed to get you timely information. What better way than a weekly email service? This email is chock full of development review proposals, meetings, hearing decisions and more. Aptly called "This Week in Development Review," it’s your key to being in the loop and the first to get the scoop every Friday. Visit fcgov.com/weekreview and sign up today.
Lastly, we digitized and connected all the information. We created an online hub called fcgov.com/developmentproposals. Use your computer, smart phone or tablet to:
- Peruse a table of all development proposals underway. You can access development plans, see how far along a project is, and look up a project by map, keyword, address or sign number. It’s searchable, sortable and linked to all available public documents.
- Check out any notifications and agendas for neighborhoods meetings, hearings, and conceptual reviews.
- Read the Citizen’s Role in Development Review and understand the process.
- View any public documents related to a development proposal on CityDocs.
- Check out what the Planning & Zoning Board is deliberating with agendas, minutes and videos.
- Like maps? Navigate to FCMaps and see or locate proposals on a map. Zoom in to your block or take in the whole city.
- Sign-up and read our weekly e-newsletter called This Week in Development Review.
- Get contact information of our new development outreach expert, Sarah Burnett.
Are we done yet? Not by a long shot. Please check out the new tools and let us know your thoughts. We will continue to work to make development review easier to understand and your feedback is appreciated.