December 2012 transactions are the basis for the January report. Please note that payments received in January are predominately from December sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $9.5 million, an increase of 4.0% compared to January 2012
- Nationally, December sales tax collections increased 4.7% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 4.0%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $1.4 million, an increase of 10.2% compared to January 2012.
- Building Permit receipts increased 165.8% compared to January 2012.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 131 new applications for sales tax licenses and 332 businesses terminated their licenses in January. There were 1 0,838 active sales tax licenses at the end of January.
The next sales tax report will be released March11. Read the full report at fcgov.com/salestax.