November 2012 transactions are the basis for the December report. Please note that payments received in December are predominately from November sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $196. million, an increase of 4.9% compared to December 2011
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.4 million
- Nationally, November sales tax collections increased 3.7% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 3.6%
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $63.5 million, an increase of 102.4% compared to December 2011
- Building Permit receipts increased 57.9% compared to December 2011
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 75 new applications for sales tax licenses and 247 businesses terminated their licenses in December. There were 10,867 active sales tax licenses at the end of December.
The next sales tax report will be released February 11. Read the full report at fcgov.com/salestax.