September 2012 transactions are the basis for the October report. Please note that payments received in October are predominately from September sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $212.9 million, an increase of 6.0% compared to October 2011.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $2.0 million
- Nationally, October sales tax collections increased 5.4% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 6.0%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $55.8 million, an increase of 47.0% compared to October 2011.
- Building Permit receipts increased 388.6% compared to October 2011.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 89 new applications for sales tax licenses and 6 businesses terminated their licenses in October. There were 11,039 active sales tax licenses at the end of October.
The next sales tax report will be released December 10. Read the full report at fcgov.com/salestax.