Sales Tax Update
August 2012 transactions are the basis for the September report. Please note that payments received in September are predominately from August sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $217.3 million, an increase of 4.3% compared to September 2011.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.9 million
- Nationally, August sales tax collections increased 4.7% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 4.3%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $43.1 million, an increase of 42.7% compared to September 2011.
- Building Permit receipts increased 0.6% compared to September 2011.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 74 new applications for sales tax licenses and 23 businesses terminated their licenses in September. There were 10,956 active sales tax licenses at the end of September.
The next sales tax report will be released November 13. Read the full report at www.fcgov.com/salestax.