Sales Tax Update
July 2012 transactions are the basis for the August report. Please note that payments received in July are predominately from June sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $196.8 million, an increase of 4.5% compared to August 2011.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.8 million
- Nationally, July sales tax collections increased 4.1% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 4.5%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $48.6 million, an increase of 64.4% compared to August 2011.
- Building Permit receipts increased 58.9% compared to August 2011.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 106 new applications for sales tax licenses and 32 businesses terminated their licenses in August. There were 10,905 active sales tax licenses at the end of August.
The next sales tax report will be released October 10. Read the full report at www.fcgov.com/salestax.