Sales Tax Update
June 2012 transactions are the basis for the July report. Please note that payments received in July are predominately from June sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $213.7 million, an increase of 4.9% compared to July 2011.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.9 million
- Nationally, June sales tax collections increased 3.8% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 4.9%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $42.5 million, an increase of 10.6% compared to July 2011.
- Building Permit receipts decreased 17.4% compared to July 2011.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 85 new applications for sales tax licenses and 31 businesses terminated their licenses in July. There were 10,831 active sales tax licenses at the end of July.
The next sales tax report will be released September 10. Read the full report at www.fcgov.com/salestax.