Sales Tax Update
May 2012 transactions are the basis for the June report. Please note that payments received in June are predominately from May sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $197.4 million, an increase of 6.4% compared to June 2011.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.9 million
- Nationally, May sales tax collections increased 5.3% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 6.4%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $47.9 million, an increase of 131.2% compared to June 2011.
- Building Permit receipts increased 241.5% compared to June 2011.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 89 new applications for sales tax licenses and 23 businesses terminated their licenses in June. There were 10,777 active sales tax licenses at the end of June.
The next sales tax report will be released August 10.