Sales Tax Update
May sales tax collections are based on retail sales made in April 2012, and also includes delinquent collections from prior periods.
Please visit fcgov.com/salestax
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $190.1 million, an increase of 7.6% compared to May 2011.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.8 million
- Nationally, April sales tax collections increased 6.4% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 7.6%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $46.8 million, an increase of 88.4% compared to May 2011.
- Building Permit receipts increased 57.8% compared to May 2011.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 100 new applications for sales tax licenses and 58 businesses terminated their licenses in May. There were 10,711 active sales tax licenses at the end of May.
The next Sales and Use Tax report will be released July 10.
Read the full report