Sales Tax Update
April sales tax collections are based on retail sales made in March 2012, and also includes delinquent collections from prior periods.
Please visit http://fcgov.com/salestax to read the complete report.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $202.8 million, an increase of 6.9% compared to April 2011.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.8 million
- Nationally, March sales tax collections increased 6.5% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 6.9%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $43.3 million, an increase of 36.5% compared to April 2011.
- Building Permit receipts decreased 23.3% compared to April 2011.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 87 new applications for sales tax licenses and 29 businesses terminated their licenses in April. There were 10,669 active sales tax licenses at the end of April.
The next Sales and Use Tax report will be released June 11.
Read the full Sales Tax and Revenue report