The final installment of Federal funding for the MAX BRT arrives next week! The Federal Transit Administration’s top leader, Peter Rogoff, will be in Fort Collins to celebrate this special event.
Join FTA Administrator Peter Rogoff, Mayor Karen Weitkunat and City Manager Darin Atteberry for a special MAX Bus Rapid Transit funding ceremony.
Monday, May 21, 10 – 11 a.m.
Midtown Arts Center Mini Theater, 3750 S. Mason St.
MAX Bus Rapid Transit system will operate in concert with Fort Collins’ current public transportation system, Transfort. Construction of the MAX guideway begins in early June. MAX will begin operation in early 2014.
About the Mason Corridor
Mason Corridor is an economic initiative enabled by transit. When complete, it will combine transit, trails, public infrastructure and private investment to spur redevelopment along the corridor. Crafted by community members, the vision that was created sixteen years ago is becoming a reality.
MAX is on the Way!
The MAX Bus Rapid Transit system will link major destinations and activity centers along the corridor including the Downtown, Colorado State University, Foothills Mall, and South College retail areas. MAX will operate nearly twice as fast as auto travel along College Avenue, and provide high frequency service every 10 minutes.
The $87 million project is funded 80 percent by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). The remaining 20 percent is available from the City of Fort Collins, Downtown Development Authority, CSU/Colorado State University Research Foundation, and Colorado Department of Transportation.
Follow Mason Corridor progress at fcgov.com/mason.