Sales Tax Update
November sales tax collections, based on retail sales made in October 2011, but also includes delinquent collections from prior periods.
Due to the .85% tax increase, tax collections are no longer an accurate comparison for year-to-year activity. Instead, the monthly sales and use tax report will also include net taxable amounts, which are the amount of goods sold or purchased that are subject to sales or use tax.
Please visit http://fcgov.com/salestax to read the complete report.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $191.4 million, an increase of 4.6 % compared to November 2010.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.6 million
- Nationally, October sales tax collections increased 7.2% compared to Fort Collins’ increase of 4.6%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $28 million, an increase of 6 % compared to November 2010.
- Building Permit receipts decreased 14.3% compared to November 2010.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 63 new applications for sales tax licenses and 112 businesses terminated their licenses in November. There were 10,672 active sales tax licenses at the end of November.
Read the full Sales Tax and Revenue report