Sales Tax update
November sales tax collections, based on retail sales in October 2009.
The next sales tax report will be released on January 20, 2010.
- Sales Tax:
$4,888,000 a decrease of 3.4% compared to November 2008. The November collections are $159,610 lower than the amount expected according to the sales tax seasonal patterns.
At the national level, November collections declined 2.1% compared to the decrease in Fort Collins’ sales of 3.4%.
- Use Tax:
- $573,435 in November. Collections decreased 7.8% compared to November 2008. The City is behind budget projections for the month by $253,613 when compared to historical data.
- Building permits:
- Receipts decreased 24.2% compared to November 2008.
- Residential Permits pulled:
- 54 remodels, 11 new construction. In November 2008, there were 39 remodels, 2 new construction.
- Commercial Permits pulled:
- 15 remodels, 0 new construction permits. The same numbers occurred in November 2008-there were 15 remodels, 0 new construction permits.
- Sales Tax License:
- 131 net new licenses were processed in November.