Sales Tax update
September Sales and Use Tax Collections
September sales tax collections are based on retail sales that occurred in July.
- Sales Tax collections:
$5,327,070, a decrease of 8.4 % compared to September 2008. The September collections are $75,755 lower than the amount expected according to the sales tax seasonal patterns.
Nationally, retail sales declined 6.0% for the same reporting period.
- Use Tax collections:
- $530,958. Collections decreased 28.6% compared to September 2008. The City is behind budget projections for the month by $311,238 when compared to historical data.
- Building permits:
- Use tax receipts for Building Permits declined 56.5% compared to September 2008.%
- Residential Permits pulled:
- 14 permits were pulled. There were 55 permits pulled for remodels. In September 2008 there were 37 new permits pulled, with 51 remodel permits.
- Commercial Permits pulled:
- 1 new permit, 15 permits were pulled for remodels. In September 2008 there were 0 permits for new construction pulled, with 17 remodel permits.
- Sales Tax License:
- 41 net new licenses.