Sales Tax update
July sales tax collections are based on retail sales that occurred in June
- Sales Tax:
$5,286,655, a decrease of 4.7% compared to July 2008. The July collections are nearly $110,000 lower than seasonal sales tax patterns.
Nationally, sales tax collections were down 10% (June sales).
- Use Tax:
- $933,214, an increase of 9.5% over July 2008. The City received a one-time use tax payment of approximately $400,000 from a taxpayer in the Manufacturing & Wholesale Trade category. After the one-time payment is deducted, total use tax collections for July 2009 would be down 37.7% and the year to date use tax collections would be down 31.7%.
- Building permits:
- Receipts decreased 17.7%
- Residential Permits pulled:
- 15 for new construction, 60 remodel permits. In July 2008 there were 23 new construction permits, and 64 remodel permits pulled.
- Commercial Permits pulled:
- 1 permit for new construction, 13 remodel permits. In July 2008 there was 1 new construction permit pulled, and 37 remodel permits pulled.
- Sales Tax License:
- 47 net new licenses were issued.