Sales Tax Update
May Sales and Use Tax Collections (retail sales that occurred in April)
- Sales Tax collections:
- $4,663,685, a decrease of 10% compared to May 2008. The May collections are $97,000 less than expected according to seasonal sales tax patterns.
- Use Tax collections:
- $609,268. Collections decreased 26.4% compared to May 2008. The City is behind budget projections for the month by $388,441 when compared to historical data.
- Building Permits:
- Use tax receipts on Building Permits were down 49.2% in May, compared to May 2008.
- Residential permits:
- 78 permits were pulled, 67 are for remodels. There were 113 permits pulled in May 2008. 70 of those were remodels.
- Commercial permits:
- 19 permits were pulled, all for remodels. In May 2008, 27 remodel permits were pulled, no new construction.
- Sales Tax licenses:
- 76 net new sales tax licenses