2008 Community Award List
2008 was a very good year for Fort Collins’ businesses and community. Many companies celebrated awards, honors, and placement on “best of” lists. Congratulations to you all.
- Ranked 10th Best-Educated City in America, Forbes magazine, November 2008
- One of the Best Places to Raise Your Kids, Business Week, November 2008
- LEED Gold designation for the Northside Aztlan Community Center; U.S. Green Build Council, October 2008
- Gold level Bicycle Friendly Community; League of American Bicyclists, September 2008
- 2nd Best Place to Live, Money magazine, August 2008
- One of 8 Enriching Towns for Art and Music Lovers, Where to Retire magazine, April 2008.
- Named 3rd Best Place for Business and Career; Forbes magazine, March 2008
- Ranked 39th Best Place to Live and Launch a Business; CNN/Money, March 2008
Over the next few months we’ll dig into the awards and discover the reasons why Fort Collins makes it to the top of these national rankings.