Sales Tax Update
Sales Tax Revenue: August 2008 Total Sales Tax Collections = $5,275,312 a decrease of 2.6% compared to 2007. The August collections are $278,878 higher than the amount expected according to the sales tax seasonal patterns.
There were several one-time and double payments in August 2007. Sales tax collections increased 1.9% when adjusted for the exceptions in 2007.
- Use Tax Revenue: August 2008 Total Use Tax Collections = $1,283,398 a increase of 4.9% compared to 2007. The City is behind budget projections for the month by $277,744 when compared to historical data.
- Residential permits pulled: 99, 63 without remodels
- Commercial permits pulled: 32, 0 without remodels
- Residential permits pulled: 172, 110 without remodels
- Commercial permits pulled: 24, 8 without remodels
- Sales Tax license: 113 net new licenses were received in August.
For more in depth financial data, read the City’s monthly Financial Report.
Have a business related question?
Do you have feedback or story ideas for the newsletter? Email the City's Chief Financial Officer, Mike Freeman:
Visit the City of Fort Collins Doing Business page for related information.