Report a Close Call
Have you had a close call with a bicycle, pedestrian or motorist? For example:
- Were you in a crosswalk (on foot, bike, skateboard) and a car almost hit you?
- Were you riding your bike on the right side of the road and a car almost hit you?
- Did you almost hit a cyclist who ran a red light or failed to stop at a stop sign?
- Were you walking on the sidewalk and a bike almost hit you?
The close call form is a tool we use to assess potential conflict points and the frequency of near misses at these locations. Bicycle and pedestrian related crashes are typically under reported and this offers another way to address issues before they result in a crash.
If you are actually involved in a crash occurring within the city limits, please call Fort Collins Police Services by dialing 9-1-1 immediately if:
- you suspect someone is injured,
- the vehicles are extensively damaged and blocking the flow of traffic,
- there is a fight or disagreement between parties involved, and/or
- one (or more) of the drivers involved are suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
If none of the above circumstances exist or the vehicles have been moved from the scene of the crash, then call 970-221-6540 and select option one. Fort Collins Police Services Communications Center personnel will assist you.
It's the law to report all transportation crashes and also helps the City identify countermeasures to reduce future collisions and improve transportation safety.